The headline facts
We get it, pensions can be dull. The exciting bit is what you ultimately get from them: the opportunities, the freedom to live the life you want, to treat yourself and others. This is why looking after your pension is so important, to make sure the exciting bit is as good as possible.
The simplest way to look after your pension is to get it reviewed by an expert and the cost for this can vary. A no obligation pension check with Portafina means that our initial investigation into your pension is free. And in many cases we can continue to provide full financial advice with no obligation should you need it.
Any advice charges would be confirmed in writing before you have to make a decision to proceed. This means you can walk away better informed with nothing to pay.
Why should I check my pension?
Your pension could have a big impact on how you live your life in the future. So, if it’s not performing how you need it to then the sooner you check your pension and make any necessary changes the better, whatever stage of life you are at.
Your questions answered
Are you currently saving into a pension?
Even just small tweaks could improve your pot by thousands of pounds in the long term.
Are you thinking about the pension freedoms?
If you are aged 55 or over you have a lot of options when it comes to taking money from your pension. It’s best to check which one is right for you before making any decisions.
Are you thinking about retiring in a few years?
There are some great new pension products that will protect your pot from stock market crashes without severely affecting its growth.
Are you thinking about a retirement income?
If you are ready to take an income from your pension then the decisions that you make now could go a long way to making your plans and dreams a reality.
Free pension information guide
Simply fill in our form and we will post out a pension information guide to you today!
What does a no obligation pension check really mean?
A no obligation pension check means that you should receive an initial pension investigation free of charge. And in many cases you will be able to go on and receive full advice with no obligation. If you qualify for full advice with no obligation the minimum you should expect to receive is::
- A clear picture of your current pension, how it’s performing and the options available to you.
- An assessment of your current circumstances including what you want to achieve, both now and in the future.
- A recommendation for your pension clearly detailing how any suggested changes should help you to meet your objectives.
- An explanation of any benefits you might lose by transferring away from your current provider and how the recommended change could compensate for this.
- A quote for how much it will cost you to follow the recommendation and how your pension would be managed in the future.
So, what’s the no obligation bit all about? Quite simply:
- You won’t have to pay a penny for your initial pension investigation and in many cases you can find out what a pension expert thinks you should do without having to make a financial commitment.
- If there is a fee to progress your pension check the adviser should let you know what this would be in writing. You then get the choice to continue or walk away better informed and with nothing to pay.
How do I know who to ask for a no obligation pension check?
You should only use a regulated financial adviser; you can find all of these listed on the Financial Conduct Authority register (a quick search away on Google). For example, our company number is 754580. If a company you are dealing with is not listed then they are not authorised to give regulated financial advice.
Even if a company or adviser is listed it doesn’t mean that they can offer you a no obligation pension check. If you are not sure then why not get in touch with us. We have already helped more than 14,000 clients with their pensions and currently look after more than a quarter of a billion pounds worth of savings.